Sunday, July 31, 2011

Top 50 Most Played: 50-41

          The music you listen to reveals a lot about what kind of person you are. I've learned that it's definitely important to talk about music earlier on in a relationship, rather than later. To be honest, I don't think two people with completely different music tastes could be compatible in that way unless one converts the other. But I'm not saying that if the artists on your iPod don't match mine, we can't be friends! 
          So for my imaginary followers who want to get to know me better, I'm going to show you my iPod. Well, at least a very important playlist on it: my Top 50 Most Played. I'll reveal 10 songs a post, and just share a few thoughts on each song - why I fell in love with it or became addicted to it.


50. Stormy Weather - Ah, there's going to be a lot from the Kooks on this list. What's gets me about them the most is lead singer Luke Pritchard's British accent. I fall in "love, love, love" for this one.

49. Ageless - Calming. Makes me feel like lying on a porch somewhere during a light drizzle; time flying by, but I'm not growing old. I could be there forever. 

48. Kill All Your Friends - LET ME EXPLAIN. I had a My Chemical Romance phase in middle school. This is a remnant from those days. Ironically, I listened to this song with my best friend, a fellow MCR fan... and I still totally would.

47. Vindicated - Lyrics and his raspy voice, especially the opening. 

46. Beautiful - Very honest lyrics. It's a Thai song. I always wish I was who he's talking to.

45. Always Where I Need to Be - Luke, you've done me again!

44. Hands Down - "My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me, so won't you kill me, so I die happy? My heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelry, which ever you prefer."

43. I Don't Want To Let You Go - I don't know why this Weezer song is on the list.

42. กระเป๋าแบนแฟนยิ้ม (krapao ban fan yim) - I have to put the English pronunciation there because my "farang" iPod can't read Thai. Anyways, this song reflects my Richman Toy phase. I saw them three times. This song is actually the first song I heard from them and my favorite.

41. Countdown - Let me warn you about Phoenix as well. There's going to be lots of them further up the list.


*Note: standings are very susceptible to fluctuation.

2 comments:

  1. If I did this, 77% of it would be Brand New. I better not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Well, there's going to be a lot of Kooks and Phoenix on mine. It's not that accurate anyways. Like Holiday would be up high because I listened to it over and over again for practice, but it's not my favorite song or anything. You'll see some weird stuff. =P

    ReplyDelete